Monday 19 December 2011

The Wounded

(9 women and 4 men)

Sylvie Gagnon
Survived a bullet wound to the head.

“’I don’t know who Mac Lepine is, but he’s a symptom of all the little violences that we experience in our lives.’”

Citation: MacLean, Colin. “Never forgotten.” The Telegram December 7 2011












Nathalie Provost
“’We are not feminists.’”

“’I realized many years later that in my life and actions, of course I was a feminist.  I was a woman studying engineering and I held my head up.’”

Citation: Porter, Catherine. “Lessons of the Montreal Massacre: Why women must fight to be what they want.” Toronto Star December 5 2009.

“For me this is a way to say to Marc Lepine that women will continue to be present and active in sciences and engineering… He did not win.”  There are the words of Ms. Provost upon accepting an award of $3,000 from the Women Engineering Students Memorial Fund.  Nathalie received injuries to her head, legs and feet.

Citation: Lalonde, Michelle. "Women's Enrolment Up at Site of Montreal Massacre Survivor Says Lepine's Murderous Anti-Feminist Message Backfired." The Globe and Mail (Canada) September 11 1990.

No comments:

Post a Comment